Mobile and app usability testing is a critical component for your online success.
Mobile usability testing involves observing your customers actually using your app or mobile site. This allows you to see whether your app or mobile site is meeting their needs and providing a compelling customer experience. Research participants are often given specific tasks to accomplish or are asked to explore on their own. This hands-on approach is the only way to accurately observe and assess the effectiveness of your product. We test on a wide range of platforms – including Android and iOS devices (iPhone/iPad).
Core Elements For Good User Experience
Our mobile and app usability testing service enables you to identify what is working, as well as identifying opportunities for improvement. Our testing will provide you with a clear understanding of the following issues, along with a prioritization of findings and actionable recommendations so your product team can fix them.
- Success Rate – Can your customers successfully complete the core tasks the mobile site or app is designed for?
- Top Usability Issues – What are the top usability issues observed (and actionable recommendations for fixing them)?
- Satisfaction – How satisfied are customers with your mobile experience?
- Navigation – Do customers understand your navigation and engage with it?
- Content – Is your content useful to your customers for their mobile usage scenarios?
- Qualitative comments – How do your customers feel about the experience? What user experience issues are causing them frustration and/or perceived negative experience?
- Overall Experience – Does your mobile site or mobile application meet your customers’ needs? We can also assess competitive mobile user experience and conduct competitive studies to evaluate how your product compares to your main competitors.
Our mobile usability testing methodology is similar to our typical usability testing methodology. We conduct usability tests in our usability labs and in other facilities across the country when necessary. Our client viewing experience offers a clear picture of the participant’s screen and a picture-in-picture view of the actual participant. Clients can observe this live in the observation room, or they can view this same feed in a live stream from their desktop.
We work closely with you and (typically) a recruiting firm to ensure we recruit users that represent your customer segments.
Our final deliverable includes a PowerPoint presentation approximately a week after the study is complete. We present our findings, including video clips, to help your team understand the issues observed. We provide actionable recommendations for fixing the issues, and answer any questions your team has.
Data Always Beats Guesswork
Stop speculating and start getting objective scientific data to help your company obtain a competitive advantage. It sounds obvious, but if your customers aren’t successful when they use your product, your product won’t be successful.